bonjour a tous
Vu+ to /2
I received yesterday this nice gift ( 2) and i started to play with it trying to stream contents from my Vu+ .
The tests results are in my opinion excellent. I can see in my 2 the streaming from Vu+ in high quality, zap channels and bouquets, view recorded contents, select audio and subtitles, epg and all htat i need.
This Howto implies the following hardware and configuration:
with Black Hole 1.6.2 firmware connected to my router via network cable (tuner sat + tuner Dtt)
Ipad2 64G wifi/3g connected to my router via Wifi
Warning i tested the streaming between Dm8000 and Ipad both connected via wifi but the result was not good because all the traffic on my wifi cause lag and blocks.
SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO USE CABLE CONNECTION FOR THE BOX AND WIFI CONNECTION FOR IPAD.
Let's start the howto.
1) First of all we have to download the dedicated app from store.
- Connect from your Ipad to Store and download and install the app: Live (it costs about 5 Euro)
2) Setup the application.
This step is simply:
- Type: Enigma2
- Label: your Vuplus box model
- Ip-address: ip of your box (you can see in box network adapter screen)
- Zap Mode: Mirror
- Quality: High
- Username: root
- Password: yourpassword
If you have not set up a password in your box you can leave the default values
- You can leave untouch all the other settings (Webif Port, Cache, Streaming Port, Audio Sybnronization.
When all is ok you can push the button "Done"
The Ipad will connect to your box and you will have the stream from your Vu+ in a few seconds.
You can simply touch the screen to access to all the options:
3) Browse Bouquets
Pushing on the top left button to have the list of the Bouquets available on your Vu+ box.
4) Zap channels
On the same Menu-List you can enter into channel list and zap to channel you want
5) Access to your media
Push on the second button you can access to your recordings and play your media files.
6) Audio and subtitles.
The third button allows you to select your preferred audio track and to manage subtitles
7) Following we find the "Volume slider", the "Reload" button (useful in case of lost connection or to resynchrnonize video in dynamic change of aspect ratio) and the "Settings" button.
Finally you have the list of the boxes. You can edit the settings of the current box and you can add other boxes in your configurations and simply switch between each other in a comfortable menu.
8) Finally pushing the small (i) button on the osd you can access to epg info.
Conclusion: A really great app complete and working fine with Vu+ boxes and Ipad.
Here is the original author's demo video.
Happy streaming to all !!
Merci a Logan