What are the different types of satellite receiver?

loyarround

Nouveau DZSatien
Inscrit
28/11/13
Satellite Receivers come in 3 main types:

1. Conditional Access embedded models. This is a satellite receiver usually with a card slot. The card slot takes a card, which unlocks the picture when you are viewing Pay TV or Optus Aurora services. There are several types of Conditional Access. The ones used in Australia are Irdeto, Seca, and Viaccess. Receivers supplied by the Pay TV provider are usually locked to the Pay TV provider the receiver is made for, and dont work on most other services. There are some receivers available that have the embedded Conditional Access, and that will also work on other Free to Air (FTA) Services. Two such models are the Homecast eM150IR, and the Arion AF3330. These two models have embedded Irdeto conditional access which is used for many Pay TV providers in Australia, and Optus Aurora.

2. Models with Common Interface (CI) Slots. These satellite receivers have one or two CI Slots. These slots are the same as the PC Card slots that you have on your laptop computer. A Common Interface (CI) Module is inserted into this slot, and the smart card fits into the CI module. The CI modules are available in several encryption types, Irdeto, Seca and Viaccess being the most popular in Australia. CI Receivers will usually work on other Free to Air (FTA) Services. Some CI receivers are available with a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) function. The PVR will allow you to record programs onto the built in hard drive, for viewing at a later date. Recordings can be scheduled, and more advanced PVRs will allow you to record several channels at the same time, while vieiwing a previously recorded program. Trick functions suck as slow playback, fast playback, reverse playback, and tagging segments on the recording are aslo avalible. Hard drives of 100s of megabytes are available, with about 40 hours per 80 giga byte record rates.

3. FTA (Free To Air) digital satellite receivers. FTA receivers do not have a CI (Common Interface) slot in which to fit a CI module to take a smart card for Pay TV channels or Optus Aurora TV channels. These receivers are only for digital satellite signals with no encryption.

I only know that these three types, but I want to know more, who can tell me more?Thanks!!!

......Hi m8 !

Need more to do what ? cause Cristor's receivers only got CA support.

Hi,dear friend

Thank you for answer my question.

My friend ask my this question,but i don't know the other types,so i want to know more,thanks!

Hi m8,

U'r in Cristor section ...

Dont' know all sort but there's new IPTV sat receiver, like cloud ibox...

Frend, your ARTICLE it's about 6 years old and in the meantime many things have changed.
If you want to see something new look HERE but if you want to learn something from satellite technique, take a tour HERE
and then you return to talk about this. (don't forget to see the "More Great Links" bottom of the page...)

Retour