While I was initially attracted to the MMORPG due to its aesthetics, I continued to play with Maplestory for years with MS2 Mesos because of the friends and community I discovered there. From the comfort of my bedroom, I befriended people I would have never have had the opportunity to meet, a number of whom were older than I was, several years. When we weren't mindlessly killing creature mobs in order to accelerate, we hung out in the Marketplace having discussions that ranged from light-hearted and entertaining to sincere and serious.

Nowadays, it's common to come across powerful friendships and even connections online, but at the early aughts, maybe not too much. As a middle schooler, I felt baffled and astonished to create powerful connections all over the world. Despite our differences -- race, age, sex, culture, religion -- they valued my opinions and respected what I had to say.

In Maplestory, my buddies and I would discuss the intricacies of intimate relationships, which never could have come up at my private Catholic college, where my peers and teachers expected us to uphold and respect just one type (straight and"traditional" relationships). I felt unhappy and repressed at college; how could I be myself with classmates and teachers who'd turn their nose up to anything that was slightly different from them? In Maplestory, I felt as though I'd discovered. At college, sharing an new or unpopular opinion would indicate me.

My Maplestory friends, like any group of buddies, was perfect. Drama would rear its ugly head every once in a while.

When I got made me laugh when I was on the verge of tears and stressed out, she listened to me. After years of late-night conversations and hours invested around town on our hog mounts Buy MapleStory2 Mesos, she met with an elderly boyfriend from Florida at Maplestory. Following that, she started to snub me. The new man encouraged her to ignore mehe would mock me and repeatedly accuse me of being a lesbian because I had been attached to her.